Bark For Mark

Information about the 2006 Ironman!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

We ready...



My next trip to the Monona Terrace will be to compete in the 5th annual Ford Ironman Wisconsin! Got up early this morning, updated the blog and got everything ready. 4 hours later Jess and I were ready to head down for the final Ironman prep. I dropped off my bike, dropped off my two transition bags and am ready to go. Ended up seeing Mr & Mrs Alvarez down there as well! After all the prep work we all wet down the Ironman village and checked things out, made some signs and ate some more fig newtons! We weren't there that long and headed back home.

My bike: lonely in the transition area at 10:30am

Here is the swim to bike transtition. Yep, 2600 bags in one small room!


We ended up having Subway for lunch and then came home and watch 2 more Episodes of Enoturage. I then threw in a movie and took it easy until now. Now I've got two football games on and the Badger game on the computer! Good times! :)

Tonight is a little never-ending Pasta Bowl action. In case that isn't enough excitement I'll be balancing Nascar and the Texas/OSU game as well! I will also do my last bit of prep work for the Ironman so I am ready for tomorrow. And we also need to get Jess ready as well!

I'll try to post in the AM but in case I don't, I'll see you out on the course!

Race weather:
7am: 54F, ENE 7mph, 20% chance rain
10am: 58F, E 9mph, 20% rain
1pm: 59F, E 14mph, 30% rain
4pm: 60F, ENE 14mph, 30% rain
7pm: 59F, ENE 12mph, 30% rain
10pm: 56F, ENE 11mph, 20% rain
Midnight: 56F, ENE 8mph, 30% rain

1 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since I've never done a Man of Steel, I have only one piece of advice. Drink up prior to the start and don't make that last trip to the pisser, Let it go right befor ethe start in the water. It'll feel so good!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home