Bark For Mark

Information about the 2006 Ironman!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wednesday Wrap-up

So it is Wednesday night and my training is about to be 100% completed. Tomorrow will be a nice swim and short bike ride and then all is done. I'll miss some of work to register and to swim but I am ok with that! :) The bike is ready:


I can't believe it but tomorrow it all begins. The whole Ironman circus...Five straight days of going to the Monona Terrace. Thursday to swim and register, Friday for the banquet, Saturday for bike check in, Sunday for the event itself and Monday for the finishers banquet. A week from now it will all be a memory. My muscles will be healing, I'll be back in the flow at work and life will focus on that next event; that next challenge!

Tuesday: Swam 3/4 mile in the pool, easy pace. Ran 3.5 miles outside, easy pace again. New tunes on the MP3 player were nice.

Wednesday: Rode 15 miles. Rode them too fast but wanted to make sure the Tri-Spoke worked (hasn't been ridden since 1994.) Felt pretty good!

Hey Mark, why did you decide to do the Ironman? Two reasons, first I’ve always wanted to do it and felt I should while I am still young and riding. Second my 2005 bike racing season was less than stellar so I reevaluated my goals. Instead of trying to win events (because I wasn’t anyways) I thought I should try to accomplish something that is me against a course. Of course after training all winter I was in great shape and started to ride really well (and even winning a race) so I am ecstatic to race some more next year!

I'll try to check back in tomorrow night once I am registered and have experienced the atmosphere of Ironman!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with the Ironman - I hope you survive. Definitely let me know all about it!

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Brent's Tour de France Picks! said…

    Best of luck Mark! Have fun and take it all in. I can't wait to say that I know Mark Larson, Ironman finisher! I know I still owe you that snickers bar.
    Tank

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Mark. I'll be checking in next week for the recap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home