Bark For Mark

Information about the 2006 Ironman!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Friday Update!

I was a bit more chill on Friday then I was on Thursday. Jerry told me that the most important rest day is two days before an event. I did a reasonable amount of walking and standing in line but other than that it was all rest! After a full day of work I headed down to the Terrace, Day 2, and checked out the Ironman Shop. It was already super-picked over so I didn't buy anything. I'll hopefully wait until they start selling finisher merchandise! After browsing for a bit I got in line for the banquet dinner. I ran into a co-worker's brother, Tim O'Donnell and want to add him to the list of people to cheer for:
Mark Larson #390 Pacific Cycle, Team Schwinn, Chainsmokers MTB
Jon Alvarez #302 Team Schwinn
Brad Green #576 Chainsmokers MTB
Bruno Maier #667 Pacific Cycle
Tim O'Donnell #83 Pacific Cycle ties

Anyways, we loaded up on some pasta and watched a couple hours of Ironman talk, guest speakers, rules, etc. It was pretty cool although a little drawn out. Anyways it was nice to talk to other Ironmen who asked me lot of questions because I am a native. People keep saying how brutal the course is and I keep thinking back to the Horribly Hilly Hundreds Ride, which was only like 14 miles longer but had double the elevation gain. I guess when you roll in Madison you get used to some elevation change. Anyways the banquet finally ended and I was out of there, got home and watched some Nascar and the Brewers (both dissapointing but I am getting used to that fact!) :) Got to bed around 10, slept well (except I was overly hydrated) but could only sleep until 6. I'll be napping alot today! Oh why can't the Badger game be on cable?

This morning will be all about readying my gear. I have to have all my transition and special needs set to go and I have to part with my bike for like 22 hours. :( Tomorrow at this time I'll be readying the wetsuit and getting ready for the biggest challenge of my life!

So for those planning to watch the bike or the run or those who can't make it out, you can follow me on Ironman Live! On the right side of the screen it will say Ironman Wisconsin and you can open the live update window (recommended as it has witty commentary) and then also open the Track an Athlete and enter my race # (390) or whomever else you want to track to see how they/I are doing. It'll help you time when to be where. http://www.ironmanlive.com

I'll check in this afternoon/evening to let you know how I feel!!! Thanks for reading, having your support is the #1 thing!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why the shit are you posting at 4:18 am? Go back to bed!

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope it's okay to use mild swears like *** and **** on your blog. I try to stay away from things like **** and ****

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Burrito Eater said…

    4:18 Pacific time...6:18 central, right around my normal wake up time!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home